Wednesday 31 December 2014

Sparkle & Mascara - Mascara 1 & 2 Review

Hello!

Well how can I call my blog Sparkle & Mascara without looking at a few mascaras? Now mascara is one of my weaknesses, I cleared my make up out yesterday and decided I could part with 10 mascaras, yes 10, and that is only half of what I had. Who needs 20 different mascaras when we only have 2 eyes? I don't know but anyway back to the review. So I am a subscriber of 'My Little Box' and I absolutely love it, it is unlike any other beauty box I have ever tried and I have been a subscriber since the beginning so I haven't missed out on anything! A couple of boxes ago, the cosy box I believe, included a smokey eye set with a mascara, eye liner and eye shadow. It is the mascara I want to talk about. Now having so many mascaras I had not tried it until this week. I am a teacher and my mission for these holidays was to give myself a make up look I can do everyday for school in about 30 seconds (haha I wish) so I gave the mascara a go and I was super happy that I did! 

So this is the mascara, it doesn't look like much and the packaging is a little plasticy but that doesn't bother me at all. When I read mascara reviews a lot of people say 'it's a plastic wand and they're my favourite' or 'I prefer bristly fibre wands so this is good', but if I am honest I don't have a preference, I like both so I didn't have an instant reaction apart from 'ohhh mascara'. 

So here is a weird no mascara eye picture so that you have a comparison. I haven't curled my lashes or anything just put on a little eyeliner.

Here is my eye with one coat of the mascara on, I was pretty impressed by the difference after only one coat. It is quite runny but again I don't have a problem with that.

I then went on to add my favourite top coat mascara from Kiko. I love their topcoat mascaras and they always seem to complete the look for me.

The wand is different to any I have used before but it is still super easy to use. I will be using both of these mascaras in my super easy school look next term. 

I love both of these mascaras and they are currently at the top of my mascara leaderboard. Beauty boxes are a good way of trying new things and I would defiantly suggest trying My Little Box for something a bit different! Keep a look out for an unboxing in January when my box arrives! 

Bye for now! 











No comments:

Post a Comment